Slinging noodles...

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Beard Papa

San Francisco, CA

My good friend L kindly brought me two Beard Papa cream puffs, knowing how much I've been wanting to try some last Sunday. (She's a seriously faboo friend plus a food-buddy.)

We started a running gag with the cows...

Hmm, what's this?Ooh! Two cream puffs!Mmm...cuuuustaaaard...mooooooo. *buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurp* ~~~CH4 CH4 CH4~~~

*drooooool* My Achilles heel would be custard. Shoot, my wedding cake will be egg custard tarts topped with custard/cream puffs!

The Beard Papa filling overwhelms the pastry. It's like, 80% custard cream and 20% max of pastry. Even me, a custard lover, found it overwhelming. I could see the vanilla flecks in the custard from the touted vanilla beans used in the filling. The custard had a very distinct eggy flavor and was not too firm but not too thin. Nice!

Would I go back for a cream puff? Sure! Do I rank it as one of best ever? Nope. Really, the disproportionate amount of custard throws the puff off.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home