Slinging noodles...

Thursday, March 23, 2006

El Farolito SSF - Part 2

South San Francisco, CA

It was another visit to El Farolito, my default post-workout taqueria in SSF it appears. =D I meant to check out La Tapatia but they were closed.


Serviceable taco...the beef wasn't the most flavorful I've ever had, but it wasn't too dry and had some nice charring. Definitely hit the spot.


I hacked off a 1/4 of the al pastor burrito when I returned home. The rice was incredibly moist but not mushy. It must have absorbed the juices from the al pastor. The al pastor this time was a bit sweeter than before with some (possibly) canned pineapple-juice flavor vs. pineapple flavor. Still, it was very flavorful and very tasty.

Tortilla: 8.5/10 - Same as always.
Al pastor: 8.5/10 - Not fully loving the sweetish meat (kinda undecided) but it was definitely interesting. Taqueria San Jose still leads in my book for al pastor.
Beans: 9.5/10 - I looooooooove these beans. Whole, but tender.
Salsa: 8/10 - Added some moisture, but no oomph!
Rice: 9.5/10 - This rice was excellent. Total moist goodness but not overwhelming.
Overall: 8.8/10 - Solid. Just not fully sold on the meat today.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home