Slinging noodles...

Monday, April 03, 2006

La Morena - Part 2

South San Francisco, CA

Today, I stopped off at La Morena for a quick dinner before heading to the airport to pick up my aunt. Okay, I lied...I grabbed 2 tacos (carne asada and shrimp) for din-din and an al pastor regular burrito for my mom.

Shoot, I just realized I hadn't taken a photo of La Morena's carne asada taco ($2) and gobbled it up already. =( Another time! The carne asada here is the thin and tasty. Grilling the beef on the flat grill adds the distinctive charred flavor in addition to any marinade or seasonings added to the beef. Yum! Add to that, the very tender pinto beans...yum! I really like La Morena's pinto beans...perfectly tender and possibly cooked in broth. I could just eat a cup of these beans.


The shrimp taco ($3) contained 6 or 7 plump grilled shrimp. Well, they were plump since they were deveined. I'm always sketchy about grilled shrimp since I've had one too many dried and chewy charred crustaceans, but these little guys were cooked right. I do prefer a "crisper" snap like the simply amazing grilled shrimp I had at the Hula Grill in Lahaina, HI. Oh, those shrimp...the best shrimp I've ever had. Perfect grilling with that was-just-swimming-in-the-ocean-five-minutes-ago flavor...*DROOLS* Anyhoos, the rice in this taco was nicely seasoned and the salsa was fresh and complemented the shrimp. Still, I find tacos with rice and beans odd...these guys have enough filling already - how is someone supposed to eat these if half the filling flops out? Can't fault them for being generous though.

I'll post a breakdown when I get a chance...this darned time change is tiring me out.

_______________________________________________________________________


Update: My order was messed up...=( Instead of an al pastor burrito, I received a carne asada burrito. No problem, said Mama Noodleslinger...she prefers steak anyway. =D




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home