Nation's Hamburgers
Daly City, CA
After a quest with "L" for Happy Meal Toys (ssshhh), we stopped off at Nation's for a real burger. Nation's Giant Hamburgers is a Bay Area chain with its 24 locations serving up burgers and pies all day long at the Daly City and Tracy locations.
I opted for the new Wild Salmon burger and shared a piece of lemon meringue pie with "L."
I had forgotten to ask for no mayo or onions. Oh well...napkins to the rescue! The wild Alaskan salmon patty was cooked to perfection but to be honest, I was rather disappointed by this sandwich. I think I can get the same wild Alaskan salmon patty at Costco. Heck, I think there are a few in my freezer. =( Sandwich was messy, but filling. Nice cool pieces of crunchy iceberg lettuce and 3 halfway decent large slices of tomato. Would I order it again? Prolly not. I think I shall stick to the burgers.
The 1/4 pie slice looked pretty good when it was just served. The cloud of meringue with a nice light browning topped off a creamy smooth lemon filling. My main gripe was that the meringue started sweating after our burgers were done. The meringue partly-melted, partly-oozed in my mouth - not the most pleasant of textures. The lemon filling was the best part - not terribly sweet and fairly lemony. The crust was nothing spectacular. I couldn't help but think, we should have went for the strawberry pie instead.
After a quest with "L" for Happy Meal Toys (ssshhh), we stopped off at Nation's for a real burger. Nation's Giant Hamburgers is a Bay Area chain with its 24 locations serving up burgers and pies all day long at the Daly City and Tracy locations.
I opted for the new Wild Salmon burger and shared a piece of lemon meringue pie with "L."
I had forgotten to ask for no mayo or onions. Oh well...napkins to the rescue! The wild Alaskan salmon patty was cooked to perfection but to be honest, I was rather disappointed by this sandwich. I think I can get the same wild Alaskan salmon patty at Costco. Heck, I think there are a few in my freezer. =( Sandwich was messy, but filling. Nice cool pieces of crunchy iceberg lettuce and 3 halfway decent large slices of tomato. Would I order it again? Prolly not. I think I shall stick to the burgers.
The 1/4 pie slice looked pretty good when it was just served. The cloud of meringue with a nice light browning topped off a creamy smooth lemon filling. My main gripe was that the meringue started sweating after our burgers were done. The meringue partly-melted, partly-oozed in my mouth - not the most pleasant of textures. The lemon filling was the best part - not terribly sweet and fairly lemony. The crust was nothing spectacular. I couldn't help but think, we should have went for the strawberry pie instead. 
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home