Slinging noodles...

Monday, May 29, 2006

El Taco de Oro / La Tapatia, Part II

South San Francisco, CA

El Taco De Oro taco trucks, (~Lawrence Ave @ Littlefield Ave and Grandview Dr. @ East Grand Ave, plus other locations)

On the way back from running errands, I pulled over on Utah Avenue when I spotted a taco truck and patrons lining up for food. I had been wanting to try some tacos at the various trucks I see around the area but never really had the chance since I don't usually leave work for lunch. I figured, this one was busy and the price was right ($1 tacos). Funny, I used to work down the street from this particular truck but I never ventured past very mediocre Coliazone Cafe and Luigi's Sandwiches.

(Clockwise from bottom: pollo, carne asada, pastor)

Most of the customers were ordering burritos and tacos. I ordered the three shown above for 3 whopping dollars. I hopped back into my car to enjoy these goodies at work when I spotted another taco truck. Impromptu taco truck taco taste-off! *oink oink* Well, this second taco truck was also a El Taco de Oro truck! Neat...I guess I could only taste test between the two trucks. =P

Carne asada taco from the other El Taco de Oro truck in SSF


Small mounds of meat, salsa, cilantro, and onions covered the smallish ~5" diameter griddled corn tortillas. I think I'll have to give the first truck I encountered on Littlefield the slight edge since the first carne asada was a bit juicier. I'm too tired to break it down, but I'd definitely want to try the burritos others were getting. Yummy...




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home